21 January 2018

Sunday Stealing | Friday Questions

Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever tried to learn (or re-learn) a foreign language as an adult? Which one? What worked for you?
Maybe 3 or 4 years ago I decided I wanted to learn spanish. I went to the library and checked out a teach yourself spanish CD set - I had a longish commute and thought it would be a good way to make the commute time productive. I think I got halfway through the fist CD when I gave up.
2. Do you donate blood? Do you know your blood type?
I do donate blood, however it's been a while. I am good old O+.
3. Have you ever been in a play or musical?
I have not ever been in a play or musical, nor would I ever want to be.
4. Do you use certain text or ring tones for specific people? Who gets their own? Or do you just use the default on your phone?
Do people really do this? That is way too much work, and since I only get calls or texts from a handful of people, it's just easier to actually look at my phone to see who it is. Now, I did change the default ringtone and text alert sounds on my phone because I find the default ones obnoxious.
5. When did you get your first digital camera? Do you still shoot on actual film, or all digital now?
Wow ... my first digital camera? I probably got my first one 11-ish years ago? I think it was right after I started this blog and that was in 2007. I haven't used a camera with film for at least 15 years, and I only use my phone now for taking photos.
6. What do you think someone else would say the most daring thing you’ve done is? 
I would guess most of those who know me would say joining the Army is the most daring thing I've done.
7. Do you talk with your hands?
I do not talk with my hands. I prefer using my mouth.
8. Do you have a lucky number? What is it, and what is the story behind it?
I don't have a lucky number, however I definitely have a preference of even numbers over odd numbers.
As a side note, a little number story. Since my first husband died (30 years ago), there has been a number that has reoccurred frequently - 718 - which also happens to be my birthday. Several times a month that number pops up ... usually on a clock (i.e. I just happen to make a cup of coffee when the clock on my Keurig reads 7:18), but it comes up other places as well. *shrugs*
9. What kind of milk did you drink, growing up? And now?
We were a whole milk family, but I'm thinking that was all there was during most of my childhood. Now? I use 2% milk for cooking, and I drink light vanilla soy milk if I'm actually going to drink any type of milk.
10. What is your favorite kind of pie?
French Apple!! I'm generally a fan of fruit pies - cream pies (get your minds out of the gutter) make me cringe, as do citrus (lemon, key lime, etc.) pies.
11. Are you a note taker?
Not only am I a note taker, but I'm a doodler. The only time I usually  have an opportunity to take take notes is when I'm on the phone, and I almost always do ... even if it's not information I will need again. It's almost like I can't listen if I'm not writing. 
12. Do you have an eclectic mug collection, or is your stuff all matchy matchy?
I ave exactly 12 mugs - 8 of those are the ones that came with my set of dishes, 2 are promotional mugs I received from IWS Radio, and the other 2 are my coffee cups ... and they don't match.
13. Do you have a junk drawer in your house/garage/at work/wherever?
Of course I have a junk drawer. Isn't that mandatory in any home?
14. What is the longest amount of time you’ve worked at one job – and what was/is it?
I worked for 3M for seven years as a product support tech, and for a company in Podunk for eight years as an accountant. I've been at my current job (again accounting) for 2 years and hope to be able to remain here for the long haul. The work-from-home gig has really spoiled me and I don't want to ever have to sit in a cubicle again.
15. How old were you when you took your first commercial flight? To where did you fly?
I didn't take my first commercial flight until I was 15 (1979), and it was to Hawaii. 

1 comment:

Mike said...

#2 is an interesting one for me. I do donate and am also O+. But I'm also CMV negative. Only 15% of the population is still CMV negative. It's a common herpes virus that it seems most people acquire over the years. What's so special about that? From the internet...

If your blood type is O, and you are CMV negative, then you are a Babies and Kids Specialty Donor! Because of your CMV Negative status, your blood can be transfused to babies, kids and other immune-deficient patients.

I'm sooooo special!