28 January 2018

Sunday Stealing | A Quiz for Grown-Ups

Sunday Stealing
I think I'm grown-up enough to take this quiz ...

~*~

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Rent. It's my largest bill and I'm paying someone else's mortgage. UGH!
2. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Right now? Right this second? Let's go with enjoying Sunday brunch with a friend ... and mimosas.
3. Why did you choose the shirt you have on now?
I am currently in my jammies. Other than choosing long-sleeved jammies in the "winter", and short sleeved jammies in the summer, I don't intentionally choose my jammie tops!
4. Thoughts on gas prices?
I have been thrilled with gas prices in Las Vegas. Coming from Illinois where gas prices could (and often did) fluctuate by 30 cents/gallon in a single week, the gas prices in Las Vegas stay very constant. In fact, the price of gas right now is within 5 cents of what it was when I moved here in June of 2016. Of course it helps that I work from home and usually only fill my tank every other week.
5. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning
I don't set an alarm in the morning. I wake up when I wake up and start working usually within 30 minutes of waking up. That said, my internal clock usually wakes me at 5:30AM.
6. Last thought you have before you go to sleep?
Please let me sleep through the night without waking up. It never happens.
7. Do you miss being a child?
No! Not at all!
8. What errand/chore do you despise the most?
Grocery shopping, which is why I now use a service my market offers that allows me to order my groceries on-line and pick them up at the market without ever having to go inside. It is well worth the $4.95 service fee!
9. Up early or sleep in?
See number 5.
10. Favorite lunch meat?
Honey baked ham ... with bologna running a close second.
11. What do you get every time at Trader Joe’s?
Ummmm ... I've been to Trader Joe's exactly ONE time, and that was about 5 years ago. I have no Trader Joe loyalty.
12. Beach or lake?
Beach - always! And don't try to tell me that going to Lake Michigan is going to the beach. If it isn't salt water it is a lake.
13. Ever crashed your vehicle?
*knocks on wood* Nope! I've been a passenger in two vehicles that have crashed, and I did have someone gently rear-end me once (no damage), but I have never crashed a vehicle.
14. Strangest place you've brushed your teeth?
On a Korean mountainside? That happens when you're in the Army.
15. Somewhere you've never been but want to go?
In the US? Alaska (preferably a cruise) and Maine in the fall. Abroad? I've always had a fascination with Greece and Turks and Caicos.
16. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?
Actually, yes, but only if I could start the career I've always wanted without going back to school. One can dream, right??
17. Do you own your own house?
See question 1
18. Do you have a go-to person?
Right now I actually do, but they live in my phone. I have spent most of my life without a go-to person, so this is a little unusual.
19. Are you where you want to be in life?
Never - I'm always striving to be better. Complacency is not my style.
20. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
I was fortunate to have grown up in the 60's and 70's when Saturday morning cartoons were in their prime. I was always a fan of Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and of course, Speed Racer!
21. What has changed since you were a child?
What hasn't changed since I was a child? That was a long time ago.
22. Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life?
Oh HELL no! No! No! No! High school was not a good time for me.
23. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
There are times when I still feel like a kid, and I like those times because they always involve doing something fun!
24. Did you have a pager?
Never did. It's not like people were clamoring to talk to me, and I was in the Army when they were most popular, so pagers weren't even on my radar.
25. Were you the type of kid you want your kids to hang out with?
Ummmm ... NO! But as it turns out? Guess what type of kids my son hung out with? That's how this all works ...

4 comments:

Mike said...

1. Not a bill but I hate paying for parking. I will go a long way to avoid it.

4. Same in MO. Up and down $.30. I try to catch it on the down since I don't drive that much anymore.

5. Alarm? What alarm?

7. Not a chance.

13. Several times. Most not my fault.

17. 40 years

22. Some yes. Mostly no. Wouldn't go back.

24. This is a funny question. I carried a pager most of my telephone career. It's the find you anywhere device. That's why I'm not fond of cell phones. They remind me of work.

Dana said...

Mike, One of my favorite things about working from home is not having to be jarred awake in the mornings, even though *I* still have to go to work!

Bev Sykes said...

My sons were huge Speed Racer fans, so I watched a lot of that cartoon when they were growing up.

Anonymous said...

Maine is gorgeous, got a soft spot for Maine.