26 February 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~

Work is FINALLY starting to settle down and I am so grateful! Accounting is an odd beast. We work on very stringent deadlines and year end doesn't really end with the end of the year. It looks like things might actually be wrapped up now that we are at the end of February and I can get back to my "normal" deadlines. This is a good thing and a much needed break!

~*~

I've been having an issue with my follower numbers lately. I am obsessed with like even numbers. Odd number give me the weeby-jeebers. Yeah ... I know ...

Anyway, as of last Friday I had 99 followers on this blog and 19 followers on Dana Does Digital. I was starting to have serious anxiety attacks over these odd numbers and was considering begging my readers to follow me just so those odd numbers would go away. I was so excited when I logged on Tuesday - I had 100 followers on this blog and 20 on the Dana Does Digital. Does it make me weird that I found comfort in those nice, even numbers?? Don't answer that ...

~*~

I had a wonderful mental health day yesterday. I had the privilege, once again, of meeting some fellow bloggers.

Burl and Annie (on the left and center) are hosts of Annie and Burl Live, a Blog Talk Radio show that airs on Wednesday and Saturday nights. They both have blogs as well - in fact Burl has two of them - Musings of the Burl and his Project 365, Life of the Burl. Annie's blog is appropriately titled Annieconda.

Kim (on the right) I met through Annie and Burl's Blog Talk Radio show. We were going to try to get together during my summer trip to Washington (she only recently moved to Chicago) but that ended up being a wash. Fortunately for me, Kim moved out this way in November and couldn't hide any longer! Kim has a Project 365 blog as well, 365 in the 708.

I was thrilled to have the opportunity to finally meet all three of them. I laughed so hard my face hurt at the end of the day! Now that is what one needs on a mental health day!

~*~

This week's favorite Dana Does Digital photos ...





Have a great weekend!

~*~*~

14 comments:

Doc said...

Annie, Burl, and Kim are all full of The Awesome!

Karen said...

Lucky lady. I love meeting bloggers.

Real Live Lesbian said...

How fun!

And you have an amazing eye for photography....and I miss the ones of you!

Dana said...

Doc, I have to tell you that had to be the FUNNIEST blogger meet-up I've ever been a part of! Some comfortable ... like sitting down with people you've known all of your life.

Karen, I do too, and getting a 3 for 1 deal was phenomenal!

Real Live Lesbian, I'm considering putting a little "retro" HNT into my P365 blog - kind of a tribute to the reasons I first started participating in it. I enjoy the self-portrait, sensual without being sexual challenge of photography. We'll see ...

Deech said...

Dana,

This sounds like a great time. Sorry I missed it! Since you have come down to my neck of the woods to visit, I am just going to have to figure out a way to visit you!

Schmoop said...

I've only met two bloggers. I feel so inadequate. Cheers Dana!!

Jay said...

I had an issue with follower this week too. I lost three in one day! Very upsetting.

I've met Kimmeh too! :)

But, I haven't met Annie and Burl. :(

katherine. said...

Your photos are really lovely, I've admired them here...I'll go follow you over there.

I have really enjoyed meeting fellow bloggers. Although it does sorta feel like stepping thru the looking glass.

If you ever make it to California...

Dana said...

Joker_SATX, It could have only been better had there been good beer, but MGD was all they had. I stuck to Diet Coke!

Matt-Man, You? Inadequate? Well ... *grin*

Jay, yeah, Kimmeh took your blogger meet-up cherry! I'm quite envious of her for that! Oh ... and yes ... we *DID* talk about you!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Didja talk about me? Or my boobs? LOL. I'm glad you had such a nice encounter. We wrangled up 2 out of state bloggers passing thru and gathered 4 locals to meet up with them and it was SO funny! And we weren't even drinking - anything other than coffee. It was a coffee shop/book store.

Kim said...

It was so awesome to meet you, Dana!

Kim

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

No Nancy and I took Jay's blogger-meet cherry I believe

Cool photos Dana...excellent

Maggie said...

I'm the same way with numbers, though I was giggling for the few days that I was following 69 people. I'm mature like that.

rage said...

I didn't know you had a thing with numbers.