20 November 2007

When did my shower become a Petri dish??

We have one of those master bathrooms that is about the size of a small bedroom - it has a separate shower, corner soaking tub, separate his and hers sinks/vanities and even a separate little room for the toilet (so hubby can have his privacy during the morning constitutional while I am in the shower). So, you get the picture - big ass bathroom.

Now, I like to think of myself as a fairly good housekeeper. I am by no means germaphobic, and you wouldn't want to eat off my kitchen floor, but there aren't usually unidentifiable colonies living on anything either. Well, at least I didn't think so until I cleaned the master bathroom this morning.

Now, I understand the concept of mold and mildew - give it a warm, wet, dark place (SHHHH! RockDog) and it will grow into a beautiful specimen, but I'm a bit fanatical about turning on the bathroom fan and leaving the shower doors open after my shower to allow air circulation. I even have one of those automatic shower cleaners that claims, "We Work Hard So You Don't Have To." Well today, I had to work HARD!

I happened to drop my hairbrush on the floor this morning and while I was at ground level, I caught a glimpse of the bottom of my shower surround - it was ALIVE! OK, not really alive, but it was pretty shades of pink and black that are far better suited for a hoochie Barbie® Doll than for a bathroom shower. I am proud to say that they no longer live there - they were blasted with bleach and a scrubby sponge, but still … EEUUWW!!

One more thing … can one of you men tell me why there was so much hair on the floor in the little room that houses the toilet? I know this isn't my hair (it was blond, and I am not), I know that hubby doesn't have that much hair left on his head and I also know that if he had been hiding some blond bimbo in there, I would have run in to her by now. Where does this hair come from?? What is he doing while sitting on the toilet that generates that much shedding?? And just where is he shedding from?? Or do I even want to know ...

7 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Cougar, not sure where all the hair is coming from. Hairy ass maybe...? Actually, don't want to know the answer...

I'd love to have my very own Poop Palace of Privacy! That would be sweet for my bouts of morning thunder!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Don't ask. Don't tell. Ew.

Happy Thanksgiving!

captain corky said...

I heart Clorox bleach. I use it on everything! Except for when I'm taking care of business on the bowl or taking care of business in front of the computer. ;)

Dana said...

RockDog, he has far more hair on his back ... but how does it get to the floor???

RLL, I think you may have the correct answer!

CPT, I agree, Clorox is next to Godliness!

Molly said...

Hello, I am visiting from Corky's Log.

Your pink bathroom growth sounds like Serratia marcescens.

Dana said...

mjd, after googling Serratia marcescens I would say you are likely correct ... and EEUUWWW!!

Elisa said...

I don't care if it is a "petri dish" i want *your* bathroom!