06 November 2017

The first two weeks in the new place ... by the numbers

(17)   Days I've had keys to the new place
(15)   Nights I've slept in the new place
(0)     Boxes left to unpack
(348) Dollars I've spent on groceries
(49)   Times I've questioned my decision to have my adult son live with me
(.5)    Anxiety attacks since moving to the new place
(22)   Anxiety attacks in the final 30 days I lived with Mike
(2)     Clocks I've hung on the walls
(0)     Pictures I've hung on the walls
(12)   Teapots on display in the kitchen


(3)   Days I have not left the new place
(3)   Days I did leave the old place in the final 30 days I lived with Mike
(4)   Times I've had to contact the property management company
(1)   Major appliances that have been replaced
(0)   Times I've been able to check my mailbox
(30) Days my mail is on hold waiting for a mailbox key
(1)   Times I went out with the internet and happened upon the wiener-mobile  


4 comments:

Mike said...

The mailbox could turn into a big problem.

Dana said...

Right Mike? There is this newfangled "Informed Delivery" that USPS is offering. They scan your mail so that you can see what is supposed to arrive in your mailbox. I participate in that so have been able to see what's on hold and what I might need to address. Meanwhile, I've heard NOTHING from the property management company even after a follow-up call today.

Sujomi said...

By the dollar amount spent on groceries, I can tell your son is living with you. :)

My grocery bill has taken a nosedive since Monkeyboy went to Basic Training.

Dana said...

Sujomi, I have grocery bill envy! I didn't spend this much when buying groceries for Mike an me, and I swear I load up the refrigerator and two days later there's NOTHING LEFT!