21 November 2017

TMI Tuesday: Past & Present

There were three standards on this blog for years - Sunday Secrets, HNTs, and TMI Tuesdays. 

The bloggers who maintained the original TMI Tuesday blog (Stealth. Vixen, and Professor Fate - also avid HNT-ers at the time) stopped updating the original TMI Tuesday blog with questions in 2012.

I don't even remember how it happened, but the other day I stumbled upon a new (and active) TMI Tuesday blog. In the About section, it states:
"This version of TMI Tuesday began in May 2010 when a group of regular bloggers started creating their own questions after their fave TMI Tuesday blog stopped updating."
Now, I remember TMI Tuesdays being quite racey back in the day. In my limited perusing of the archives, it appears these might be more PG-13 rated questions (sorry all of you freaky people), but we'll see ...

Anyway, this week's questions are - ironically (I think?) - titled "Past and Present". So, here we go!





1. What was your favorite band in high school?

Hands down, the Commodores. In fact, they were the very first concert I ever went to!
2. What is your favorite band now?
This is tough. I don't really have a favorite band, but rather favorite Pandora stations (life has change the last 35 years). My current go-to stations on Pandora are "3 Doors Down Radio" and "Seether Radio"  
3. What was your go to “make me feel better” food in high school?
Really? I am supposed to remember my "make me feel better" food from 35 years ago?? You do realize the number of brain cells that I've killed over that time, right??
4. What is your go to “make me feel better” food now? Why?
Hmmmm ... I like eggs ... preferably in a fried egg sammich (untoasted bread, mayo, ketchup, and colby jack cheese ... egg over easy), but in a pinch, scrambled eggs with colby jack cheese will suffice. 
Why? Not sure. I do find warm foods comforting, but I'm not sure what it is about eggs that make me warm and fuzzy. 
5. Fill in the blank:  That _____ was then; this _____ is now.
No need to fill in the blanks ... "That was then, This is now" S.E. Hinton - one of my absolute favorite young adult authors growing up. It started with "The Outsiders" in 1976 (that's when I first read it). I followed up with "hat was then, This is now" and "Rumble Fish", But never read "Tex" or "Taming the Star Runner".
Bonus: Where were you and what were you doing on November 21, 2016?
*CONFESSION* I knew where I was on November 21st 2016 (Las Vegas), but what was I doing? Not a friggin' clue! So ... off to Facebook I went. I posted twice to Facebook on November 21st 2016. This post:

Funny story about this ...

I actually purchased this for Cam when we went back to Chicago in July. He loved it!!

And then there was this post:


... and I still feel that way ...

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday, never mind a year ago.