23 September 2009

You Lie!

~*~*~*~*~

No! This isn't a political post, but I couldn't resist stealing South Carolina Congressman Joe Wilson's thunder.

As it turns out, we all lie *gasp* Surprised, aren't you? A recent survey conducted by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment to mark the launch of ‘Lie to Me’ Season 1 on DVD, revealed that men tell twice as many lies as women - six fibs a day on average compared to only three fibs a day by women.

Since I have absolutely no idea why men lie ... I mean seriously? What woman ever gets upset when a guy is honest and says, "No dear, I'm not coming home any time soon. I'm having more fun with Joe than I ever do with you."?

Women? Now I completely understand why they lie! Evil men *wink* Here are the top 10 lies women tell.

1. Nothing's wrong, I'm fine

2. Oh, this isn't new, I've had it ages

3. It wasn't that expensive

4. It was on sale

5. I'm on my way

6. I don't know where it is, I haven't touched it

7. I didn't have that much to drink

8. I've got a headache

9. No, I didn't throw it away

10. Sorry, I missed your call

Hmmm ... so it looks like women lie most about money and thieving their men's things. Interesting ...

So what is it men lie about??

1. Nothing's wrong, I'm fine

2. This will be my last pint

3. No, your bum doesn't look big in that

4. I had no signal

5. My battery died

6. Sorry, I missed your call

7. I didn't have that much to drink

8. I'm on my way

9. It wasn't that expensive

10. I'm stuck in traffic

Wait! You mean he isn't stuck in traffic every night at 9:30?? And the signal and battery on his phone aren't always bad?? I think I'm starting to understand why husband wanted to get rid of our land line now ...

~*~*~*~*~

19 comments:

we're doomed said...

You women can't handle the truth! QCTM

captain corky said...

2. This will be my last pint

Told this lie to myself, wife, friends, parents, and God plenty of times. LOL!

Lu' said...

If he was stuck in traffice every night at 9:30 you'd think by now he'd have found an alternate route, or has he...

Karen said...

I am going to go out an a limb and say that lying is healthy and normal. Do you REALLY want an honest answer to "Does this make me look fat?" or "Do you ever think of anyone of else when make love?"

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

The 'lies' look the same to me...

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'd like to plead the fifth. ;)

buffalodick said...

First Rule Of Being A Man- Admit nothing! It avoids lying quite well...

Schmoop said...

I never lie...however, I have been known to embellish. Cheers!!

Deech said...

As per my most recent movie....

"I'm a man of my word."

Vixen said...

Oh that's funny. My classic line is "I'm fine".

My husband is on to me..... ;)

Jay said...

Whatever keeps the peace is perfectly acceptable. It's not really "lying" as much as it is "thinking of the other person's feelings and not upsetting them with the truth." haha ;-)

Brian said...

You mean all those things my wife uses as excuses aren't true! 30 years of trust, right down the shitter . . .

Another Suburban Mom said...

I think that being completely honest all the time is impossible.

Not to mention that people's feelings would be terribly hurt.

Unknown said...

My husband tries that crap with his phone all the time. And I don't lie to my husband, I just with-hold the truth, which he does to me as well.

To me though, isn't it the same thing?

Me said...

Yes, I believe you're right...at some point we all lie.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I consider white lies (to avoid hurting another person's feelings) are necessary sometimes. I'm a terrible "real" liar, though... LOL.

Jeff B said...

Thanks for the list, I'd forgotten about a few of those gems.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

waves...HI Dana!

rage said...

I can think of a lot more lies that men tell that piss me off more than the ones listed.

I am sure that the men can do the same for the women.

Just sayin.'

Great post!