28 September 2009

Pics and Sicks

~*~*~*~*~

Everyone around me has come down with the crud. Seems once school is back in session the germies start their vacation moving from person to person until they infect everyone. We've been battling this at home (Cam and Delaney have both succumbed) and at work (most of the accounting department has been out at least one day over the past two weeks). I had hoped to escape the germies, but they won the battle.

I started sneezing uncontrollably on Sunday. Yesterday I went into work and by 2PM, the "non-drowsy" cold meds coupled with a lack of caffeine had me feeling like this:


This morning? Well, it wasn't very pretty!


And honestly, this couldn't have come at a worse time. We are in the final - CRITICAL - steps of a western region consolidation. Today is the last full work day before all files are transferred to the new consolidated company and it is my responsibility to make sure everything is ready to go.

But you know what? The consolidation will progress without me. As much as I'd like to think I am indispensable, I know better. The world will not come to an end, and hopefully a day at home will help me kick this crud!

~*~

I watched a pretty cool video the other day titled How to take amazing cell phone pictures. It's an interview with a professional Seattle photographer/artist touting the virtues of using your cell phone camera - as limited as it is - to make "art"

I thought it was a pretty cool concept, so decided to use mine more and came of with these pics using the black & white setting on my 1.3 megapixel cell phone camera. I haven't done any editing of these - they are just straight from the phone. It's kind of fun!



~*~


~*~


I'm considering participating in WWC using nothing more than my cell phone camera. Now that would be a challenge!


~*~*~*~*~

17 comments:

Karen said...

Feel better!!

Big Kahuna said...

Hey D. - Just caught up on your recent events. You are a strong and loving influence on Cam - one that he will appreciate more as he ages.

Get well

Jay said...

Hopefully a day home taking it easy will help. I think you gave me this crud too. Probably through Twitter. ;-)

Cool pics! Black & White photos are always cool.

Anonymous said...

I love your cell phone pictures. Honestly, about 50% (if not more) of my HNT photos are shot with my cell phone. It's because my cell is easier to manage than my bigger camera, and for some reason, it's lens also tends to be more forgiving. LOL

I'm sorry you're feeling crummy today. You're right, it does seem to be going around. I don't feel so hot myself. I hope you feel better soon.

Aunt Becky said...

Hope that you feel better soon!

Schmoop said...

Suck it up, ya puss. Hee Hee. Ryno was our with a nasty cold for a couple of days three days into the school year. It's a lovely time of year. Cheers!!

we're doomed said...

Go for the cell phone pictures thingy.

Vixen said...

UGH. *Everyone* I know IS sick or HAS BEEN sick. And it's a nasty bug.

I hope you get to feeling better really soon.

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...very cool indeed...

katherine. said...

great cell pics...like the b/w

hope you get better quickly!

Average Chick said...

I hope you are feeling better! Good practice by not going to work and infecting the rest of your coworkers..

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I hope you feel better soon.

I love the cell phone pics!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Feel better soon.. I have avoided it so far (just jinxed myself, didn't I?)

Can not see pics today ARG - will come back later

Osbasso said...

It's good to be a social hermit. Not a chance of catching anything here!

Good to see you might accept you're not indispensable. I have a hell of a time with that!

Unknown said...

So sorry you're sick! It's good to stay home. I wouldn't want you in MY office if you were sick, cause I dang sure do NOT want to catch anything!

Hope you feel better soon.

Lu' said...

Hope you feel better.

A challenge I'm sure you are up for :)

UzzyB said...

Its crept into my house too...2 kids down...one left healthy and of course the wife will get it in a couple of days now too...