07 March 2012

When Jokers Go Bad

~*~

Seldom does a blog post piss me off to the point that I keep it in my reader for over a month just in case I start blogging again ... but THIS ONE did.

Not because it was written so poorly and was full of ignorance.

If you are going to go bat-shit crazy on Black History Month, you should probably do a little research to learn why it is we celebrate the month. It's difficult to take your post seriously when your argument is completely invalid because you obviously have no clue why it is a crucial observance in this country.

Not because those who have to tell me they aren't racist (his exact words were, "Now those of you who read this post and think I am a racist bastard...well...GO FUCK YOURSELF!") are usually the ones who truly are racist.

Not even because he included pics like THIS in his post.

No ... it pissed me off because I have little respect for people who need to spew highly offensive racial slurs to (attempt to) make their point. Especially when that someone happens to be a person I've met in person, had a few beers with, and who knows my son is half black.

It matters not that he called himself a spic (in case you aren't familiar, a derogatory and offensive term for people of Hispanic descent - assumed to be derived from a Spanish accented pronunciation of "No spic (speak) English") before he proclaimed, "The person who came up with Black History Month is a Nigger."

No ... his ignorance and racism are in no way abated by his clever use of mock self-loathing.

I might have been somewhat forgiving had his blatant racism appeared in just one post, but he decided to carry on the theme with THIS post and THIS post. All in the month that we celebrate Black History. Tasteless would be a great understatement.

He closes his post by stating:
So, in celebration of Black History Month, I say......
FUCK YOU! (emphasis his)
I would rather celebrate Let's be Human Month.......
I've got news for you Denis, if we celebrated Let's Be Human Month? You'd be left out of that celebration too!

~*~

6 comments:

Susan said...

Was he trying to be funny? WTF

kristi said...

Wow. The use of the "n" word was crazy!
I myself work a customer service job and am quite frankly disgusted by some people feeling entitled. Mainly it is the people who don't work and live off welfare and in my opinion CAN work. They are not all black either. There are sorry asses in every race. Another thing that really pisses me off is people who can't speak english but expect me to understand them. K that is my rant for the day.

I'm With Stupid said...

I assume he's done a post bashing "Women's History Month" "Iris-American Heritage Month" and "Greek-American Heritage Month" right? Oh he hasn't? Weird.

It's almost like he's only angered by Black History Month.

Or it's almost as if he didn't know that there were all these other commemorative months and thought there was only one for blacks. You know, like a racist would.

Jay

Dana said...

Susan, I wish he was trying to be funny, unfortunately he was dead serious!

kristi, his post (and the two others he published) was FULL of racial slurs and racist "humor".

Jay, I'd have a lot more respect for him had he bashed National Hispanic Heritage Month. It would be a lot easier to buy in to his "I'm not a racist" argument then ... although I would still argue he should be excluded from his "Let's be Human Month".

Deech said...

I am honored! That you would take the time to still follow me first off.

And you have confirmed what I have suspected. When I attack something, it is usually a thought or an idea. I attack how people think. Never people themselves. I always hold out hope for thinking to change for the better. You never mention when I point this out.

Clearly from this blog post, you attack people. Especially when they seem to have a different point of view. Very rarely do you take the high road and ask what they may mean by their post. You just go off!

So the old adage is true....

Small minds talk about things
Average minds talk about other people
Great minds share ideas.

Feel free to continue calling me racist. I enjoy it.....

And I am not surprised one iota that you did not classify your son as being of mixed races...you immediately labeled him "Half Black"...He is also Half Caucasian, is he not? See? I see your son as a whole...not a half anything.

Keep the hate sister...it suits you...

Dana said...

Denis, first of all, don't flatter yourself. I don't follow your blog, but rather someone alerted me to your post knowing that you and I had a history of sorts.

That said, you've lost me in your comment. You state you don't attack people yet you specifically attack my "average" mindedness.

*confused*

I cannot attack your "idea" about Black History Month because the origins of Black History Month are not an "idea", they are a fact - fact that you clearly did not research before writing your post.

And you're right, I "attack" people when they are ignorant and claim they are not something that their words and actions SCREAM they are.

And Denis? I don't hate you. The post was written to point out there are wolves in sheep's clothing among us - nothing more.