21 October 2018

Sunday Stealing | Halloween Questions

(Stolen from Something Stirring via Sunday Stealing)

1. The smell of pumpkin guts or rotting leaves?
Pumpkin guts!! ALL of the pumpkin guts!! Rotting leaves just smell moldy.
2. Sweet or salty pumpkin seeds?
Noooooo!! NONE of the pumpkin seeds!! Not a fan.
3. Store bought or pumpkin patch pumpkins?
I haven't purchased a pumpkin in years. Back when I lived in Podunk there was a very popular pumpkin farm near by. We went there every year for about 5 years? Then the kids grew up and no one wanted to go any longer. I don't think I've purchased a pumpkin since.
4. Wool or knit sweaters?
Cashmere please! I've owned ONE cashmere sweater in my lifetime and I loved the way it felt on my skin! I might need to treat myself.
5. Halloween party or exploring haunted places?
Again, noooooo!!! Are you noticing a theme developing here? Halloween is not my gig. I actually wrote a post about why that is HERE.
6. Candy corn or mellowcreme pumpkins?
Are Reese's Pumpkins an option? Candy corn and mellowcreme are the DEVIL!!!
7. Apple cider donuts or pumpkin donuts?
Pumpkin flavor is not a favorite of mine, so apple cider donuts for the WIN!!!
8. Apple pie or pumpkin pie?
See answer 7. Apple pie - preferably FRENCH apple pie!
9. Scary costume or something silly?
NO COSTUMES!!!
10. Still, silent nights or rainy, windblown ones?
Am I trick-or-treating? Then still, silent night. If I'm home and hunkered down for the night? Give me rainy and windblown.
11. Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown?
I have never even heard of either of these movies - I had to google to even learn that they were movies. I don't watch Halloween movies ... even if they are produced by Disney!
12. Witches or ghosts?
Are they coming over for dinner? If so, I'll take the witch!
13. Raking leaves or climbing trees?
If there is a tree house at the top of the tree I'll scurry up the tree.
14. Ouija boards or ghost stories around a campfire?
Nooooooo!!!Neither!!!! I'm thinking I probably should have passed on this week's Sunday Stealing, but I'm too far in now.
15. Frankenweenie or The Corpse Bride?
*google* Ummmm ... yeah ... NO!
16. October or November?
Finally! A question I can answer without hesitation. NOVEMBER!!! October can't be over soon enough.
17. Black cats or owls?
Hmmmmm ... birds generally creep me out, so I'm going with the black cat.
18. Fireplace or candlelight?
Mmmmmmm ... fireplace please. Especially if I have someone to cuddle with.
19. Monster movies or their classic novels?
Any guesses??? Maybe I've decided to embrace Halloween?? Nahhh ... I'll go with documentaries and their classic novels, so there!!
20. Carve or paint pumpkins?
I don't think I've ever painted a pumpkin, but I used to LOVE carving pumpkins.

6 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

It is a total GAS to read your stuff. Lol!

Oh, you bet, Reese's Pumpkins are an option! Race you to the Store!
We grew pumpkins several years and yes, when the kids grow up, there isn't much about Halloween except handing out candy to the cuties at the door.
Corpse Bride is a Tim Barton cartoon feature and is pretty cute. I love his body of work, so to speak. hehe

CountryDew said...

Halloween Halloween Halloween. You seem to dislike it so much it just seemed like I should write it out several times for the heck of it. :-) You sound like you have a lively sense of life. Good on you.

Stacy said...

Loved your answers and your sense of humor. You are funny, girl! I admit I loved running around in the dark when I was a kid, but I'm with you on too many things just being too close to the real evils that are out there these days. Around here the teenagers seem to think they are not to old to trick-or-treat and it makes me more than a little nervous to open the door and find someone bigger than me standing there in a mask.

Lori said...

You crack me up! I think many of us are not particularly into Halloween. It was still fun though. I loved your answers! Have a nice week!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

2 gators said...

loved your answers I dont hate halloween but vould live w/o it
have a great week

Bev Sykes said...

I love apple pie, but so often the apples are canned and the crust is terrible, so I rarely BUY an apple pie but would prefer to make one.