07 October 2018

Sunday Stealing | Friday Questions on (late) Sunday

(From ilax STUDIO via Sunday Stealing)

1. Have you ever tried to learn (or re-learn) a foreign language as an adult? Which one? What worked for you?
About 15 years ago *DAMN! I'm getting old* when I first moved to Chicago and had a long commute to work, I decided I should do something constructive with my drive time (usually an hour+) and checked out one of those "Learn Spanish" CD sets from the library. It was a complete failure. I had difficulty driving and concentrating on anything but driving.
I'd still like to learn Spanish - especially now that I live in Vegas - and may actually take a real class at the community college. 
2. Do you donate blood? Do you know your blood type?
It's been a while since I donated blood, but I used to be a regular blood and plasma donor. I wanted to give blood after 1 October, but the lines to donate were crazy long. Now that they've relaxed the requirements for donating (it used to be that you could not have had a tattoo withing the last year - that is no longer a requirement), I might start donating again.
And I am O+ - a universal donor! 
3. Have you ever been in a play or musical?
I have never been in a play or musical, but I have been in probably 100+ musical performances (I was a band geek).
4. Do you use certain text or ring tones for specific people? Who gets their own? Or do you just use the default on your phone?
I don't use any special text or ring tones for anyone, but I also don't use the default text and ring tones. If my phone is ringing I don't want it to sound like everyone else's phone.
5. When did you get your first digital camera? Do you still shoot on actual film, or all digital now?
WOW! I think I got my first digital camera in about 2000-ish?And now? The only digital camera I own is my phone.
6. What do you think someone else would say the most daring thing you’ve done is?
Goodness ... I've learned over the years that I've done some daring things without realizing they were daring. Moving to San Diego from Seattle when I was 22? Joining the Army when I was 25? Replacing the treads and risers of my stairs in the first home I owned? Going back to college at 40? I don't see any of these things as daring, but I've heard from other people that they think they were daring.
7. Do you talk with your hands?
I am not a hand talker - unless I'm flipping you off because you are a terrible driver.
8. Given the choice in a restaurant – would you go with a booth or table (or bar!!!) for seating?
If I'm eating alone? I'd choose the bar. If I'm eating with others? A table. NEVER a booth unless it is the only option.
9. What kind of milk did you drink, growing up? And now?
Really? You expect me to remember what kind of milk I drank 50 years ago?? I seem to remember that we were always a whole milk family. Something about my dad not wanting "watered down" milk. Now I buy 2% exclusively.
*SIDE NOTE* I do remember having a milk man and a milk box on our doorstep. 
10. How do you keep track of all your passwords? Do you make your passwords super complicated and change them often, or use the same ones over and over?
I have a password "system". Not all of my passwords are the same, but they are similar. I do have one or two that I use frequently.
11. Are you a note taker?
I am a note taker, specifically when I'm on my work phone. I also take notes during meetings.
12. Do you remember what your first social media posting (or status update) was on Facebook or Twitter – without looking it up? What was it?
Ummmmm ... NO! I have no idea what my first social media posting/status update was, but I'm guessing it was about as exciting as the social media posting/status updates I post now ... which is not very exciting.
13. Do you have a “power” song?
A power song? Is that like a My One Word only in audio farm? Yeah ... NO!!!
14. Do you have an eclectic mug collection, or is your stuff all matchy matchy?
I have TWO coffee mugs that are not matchy-matchy. They are the only two coffee mugs I ever use because they hold 12 oz and I need every ounce of coffee I can get in the morning.
I also have the 8 mugs that came with the dish set that I purchased - those are seldom used.
15. Do you have a junk drawer in your house/garage/at work/wherever?
Doesn't everyone have a junk drawer? I have THREE - one in my bedroom (don't ask), one in the coffee table in my living room, and one in the kitchen.
16. Do you ever get the urge to watch a favorite scene from a movie, and watch just that scene?
Is this something people do? I have never watched a favorite scene from any movie.
17. Have you ever woken up and felt guilty from a dream you had, or, mad at someone else for something they did in the dream?
Ohhhh ... more times than I can count. My dreams are VIVID and the feelings even more VIVID. I've woken up guilty, mad, scared, and sexually aroused. WHAT??? Like you've never had a sexually arousing dream??
18.  How old were you when you took your first commercial flight? To where did you fly?
The first time I ever took a commercial flight, I was 11? Maybe 12? That would be 1975 for those of you who don't know how old I am. I flew with my parents (don't remember where we went). I also remember doing math homework on the plane (I was a true geek) and having my dad accuse me of "flirting" with the guy sitting next to me (at least 20 years my senior) who was an engineer and offered to help me with my math homework. That situation did not end well.
19. Are you good at keeping track of your things – or do you easily misplace them? Do you ever leave anything behind when you travel?
Generally I am REALLY good at keeping track of my things. I am one of those people who can remember what's in a box that I haven't opened for 5 years.
That said? I do leave things behind when I visit/travel. I think it's because I want to have an excuse to return.
20. Is there any place you go where time seems to stand still? What is it about that place that makes it that way?
No ... there is no place I go where time seems to stand still. I wish I could find such a place.

No comments: