18 October 2018

10 Things Thursday



  1. It's been a while since I've posted on a Thursday, so here it goes ... but first!! THROWBACK THURSDAY!! That time my mom thought it would be a good idea to give me a pixie cut ...
  2. You know that yummy smell after it rains? Did you know it actually has a name (I didn't)? Petrichor ... and apparently there is actually chemistry involved in that magical smell.
  3. Girl Scout cookie seasons is one of my favorite seasons of the year. SHUT UP!! It is too a season!! And this year they are adding a new cookie - the Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie. Those rotten children are now going to get more of my money!!
  4. Did you know that you can order a Tiny House kit from amazon? This Allwood Bella | 237 SQF Cabin Kit with 86 SQF Loft is only $17,800.00 and you get FREE shipping!! They have several other models available as well!
  5. Chicken diapers - when the hell did this become a thing?
  6. Thank goodness!!! Lifehacker tells me it's okay - even the dreaded "N" word (normal) and healthy - to not have a lot of close friends
  7. I've always said, I'd rather be lucky than good!" Turns out there is some science behind that as well. This Vox article (a good read, but a bit long) explores it further.
  8. Mental health issues have always been near and dear to my heart. I've shared a bit here about my life-long struggle with depression and panic attacks. I'm always amazed that the general public seems to think that "famous" people are somehow exempt from experiencing mental health issues. It's good to see professional athletes like Kevin Love bringing this very real struggle to light
  9. Who remembers Nik-L-Nips?? This guide to old-timey candies for our modern times was a fun trip down memory lane.
  10. Also? Creamed chipped beef ... or what we lovingly called SOS or Shit on a Shingle, is making a comeback as ahangover meal. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Well, I learned extra stuff about rain smell today. I always thought the smell was nitric acid in the air because of lightning. Turns out lightning turns the nitrogen into nitrous oxide which reacts with the oxygen to form ozone. This is what you smell 'before' a storm. Then comes the petrichor after it starts raining.