04 March 2018

Sunday Stealing | Art Historic Meme



This one looked ... well? Interesting! Not the "standard" meme

~*~

Classical: If you were an Olympian god, what would you be known for?
I would be the female counterpart to Dionysus. I would be the goddess of grape harvest, vodka making and vodka ... because nothing is better than a bottle of Ciroc.
Byzantine: Do you prefer gold or silver accessories?
Au > Ag ... at least in atomic mass *snicker*
Medieval: Are you religious?
I am not religious. I believe that religion - specifically organized religion - often brings out the worst in people. I prefer to live my life from the "Don't be an asshole" religion.
Gothic: What is your favourite historic building?
I have always been a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright and Prairie School architecture in general.

Renaissance: Have you ever had a time in your life when you felt enlightened or changed?
Ha! Enlightened or changed? No ...but if someone knows how I can find some enlightenment, please share!
Baroque: Do you enjoy the finer things in life?
I do appreciate the finer things in life, but generally? I'm more practical - finer things seem extravagant to me.
Rococo: Is your bedroom full of trinkets and pictures? If so, which pictures adorn your walls?
I do have quite a few trinkets and pictures in my bedroom. The pictures help define my "office" space from my "sleeping" space since both of these are in my bedroom. 
Office Space

Sleeping Space 
Neoclassicism: If something came back into fashion, what do you hope it would be?
Writing letters (I've mentioned this before). I think the art of letter writing has (sadly) gone the way of the dinosaur. It is such an intimate, special thing when you receive a handwritten letter or note, knowing that someone took the time to sit down, think about you, and put a piece of themselves on paper.
Romanticism: Do you often see things in a positive light?
I try to see things in a positive light, although I sometimes fail miserably.
Pre-Raphaelite: Which book would you like to see turned into a film?
None! I am not a fan of turning books into films, especially if it is a book I've read and enjoyed. I want my imagery of the story to remain intact, and that seldom happens when a book is turned into a film.
Impressionism: Do you look for details or take everything in at once?
I'm an accountant - need I say more?
Art Nouveau: When were you last at the theatre?
December 2015 (Star Wars Episode VII – The Force Awakens), however I am considering going to see Black Panther in the theater as I think that will be the only way to do the film justice.
Surrealism: Why does the porcupine think it's a duck?
*gigglesnort* Ummmm ... I've got nothing! Clearly I am not a surrealist.
Pop Art: Do you enjoy pop culture?
I do enjoy pop culture when it goes beyond the dumbed down version that the masses are fed. New ideas are fascinating - I just don't accept that they are great ideas because the mainstream tells me they are great ideas.

Contemporary: What did you do today?
So far? Woke up at 5:22 to a power outage - began to panic at 6:30 when it still wasn't on and I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet - then moments later power was restored! Then I drank coffee, took in Sunday morning news, and wrote this post.
Sundays are usually pretty good days until about 5:00 PM when they turn into SMondays ... 

3 comments:

askearly said...

Porcupines and ducks? Oh my, what if they think they're each other?

Sujomi said...

Romanticism: Do you often see things in a positive light?

I'm positive that the world is going to hell.

Mike said...

So you got me researching the porcupine duck thing. The only thing that makes any sense is the fact that there is a 'Duck, Duck, Porcupine!' kids book and the answer is in there somewhere.