08 March 2018

10 Things Thursday


  1. Can a person still dial 4-1-1 and talk to and actual operator, or is it the 555-1212 number that has to be dialed? Do people still call information? These are the thoughts that keep me up at night
  2. You probably had enough avocado talk last week, but *swoon*
  3. In addition to avocados, it appears this country is also obsessed with Chip and Joanna Gaines. The latest obsession? The gender of baby #5. First of all, why?? And secondly, these are some of those weird people who name their kids based on the alphabet. Their girls' names start with the letter E and their boys' names start with the letter D. You'd think Chip and Joanna would choose the letters C and J.
  4. I always get excited when HGTV advertises their Dream Home Giveaways. I can't help but fantasize about living in a luxurious home for FREE! But? Apparently winning the HGTV Dream home has it's own curse, and most people opt for the cash prize alternative. Who knew?
  5. The jacuzzi just steps away from my front door is being worked on and has been out of service for just short of two weeks. We do have another jacuzzi on the property, but it requires a drive. I figure bath bombs might be the next best thing (even though I no longer have a garden tub) and discovered this Bath Bomb Kit on Amazon. For just $29.95 you get everything you need to make SEVENTY - yes SEVEN ZERO - bath bombs.
  6. I need this Your Message Here light box in my life. And yes, it comes with a plethora of letters so that you can change the message.
  7. Did you know that eBay is trying to be the online dollar store? Their new Under $10 Store is an easy way to spend $100 on a bunch of stuff you didn't even know you needed!
  8. Speaking of dollar deals, Applebee's drink of the month is an Absolute Vodka Lemonade and it's yours for just $2 the entire month of March. This might actually get me into an Applebee's!
  9. Since it's 10 Things Thursday, here are 10 Lies You Believe About Swingers. I can tell you the unicorn is real!
  10. Speaking of swingers and unicorns, did you know that a black ring worn on the right hand is a sign that you are out and open to meet other swingers? Now you know ... and so do I!

4 comments:

Mike said...

1. It used to be called 'information'. And it used to be free. But people would call up and ask how to bake a cake. Information, right? So the name was changed to directory assistance. And as soon as the phone companies were deregulated they started charging. I think it costs a couple of bucks to get a phone number from 411 now but I'm not sure. I quit calling when they started charging.

Sujomi said...

The vodka would be the best thing about Applebee's.
(Can you tell I am not a huge fan of that place?)

Emmy said...

Had no idea about the black ring on the right hand. Now I’ll have to be in the lookout! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
was good. I don't know who you are but definitely you are
going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!