22 March 2018

10 Things Thursday



  1. I am enjoying not having a cable bill, but I've found one downside to "free" TV ... WIND. Wind is a frequent weather event here in Las Vegas, and when it's windy? My antenna reception goes to shit!
  2. And today? We're expecting the arrival of a Pineapple Express. I guess that's better than the FOUR Nor'easters the east coast has seen this month. I can barely contain my excitement over the upcoming monsoon season!
  3. Cam moved out Friday. The circumstances of his move are less than desirable (he has decided to live in his Suburban), but now I have an extra master bedroom and am considering looking for a roommate. I could use the help with rent and utilities, but don't know if I really want to have a roommate. Maybe I'll just get a second job ...
  4. The upside to Cam moving out? Fewer dirty dishes, less trash to take out, and leftovers always being exactly where I left them!
  5. The downside to Cam moving out? Cooking for one. I'm finding myself eating a lot of prepared foods (i.e. Lean Cuisine Frozen Entrees) rather than the fresh foods I was cooking when he was here. Need to work on that.
  6. My new favorite word is "Cannabusiness". I just like the way it rolls off my tongue.
  7. *NOTE TO SELF*
  8. Apparently there are unwritten elevator rules. For the record? Rule number two is “Hold the door if it’s not an inconvenience.” Oh HELL NO!!! I've been known to push the CLOSE DOOR button if I think someone might be getting on the elevator with me, and I've been known to skip an elevator if there are more than two people on it.
  9. Toys 'R Us is the latest victim of the inability adapt to a changing marketplace. The good news? Their GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE starts tomorrow. The question I need an answer to?? What happens to Geoffrey the Giraffe???
  10. I was reading an article on Apartment Therapy titled 10 Wacky But Brilliant Vintage Appliances They Should Just Go Ahead & Reinvent For Today and realized I grew up in a home with the Ronson Can-do

1 comment:

Mike said...

1. Same thing here. But I did figure out most of it was caused by the wind chimes that were only 20 feet away from the antenna. Down they came.

3. Roommate? Really?

5. Marie Callender frozen dinners are good. I always have a bunch in the freezer for the 'I'm not going out to get anything' nights.

8. But when you do get smushed in the back of a crammed elevator it's always fun to ask out loud 'I wonder what the weight limit is on this thing?'

9. Taking our 4yo Granddaughter there tonite just for fun. She calls the one near our house 'my toy store'. I don't know how she will handle the closing.