24 January 2013

An Open Letter to You - ALL of You

I'm stealing this idea from my cyber friend Gina (with appropriate-for-my-blog modifications) in hopes that I'll get a similar response ...

*****


Dear people who read my blog,

Hi! I know you are out there, but so many of you never speak up. Maybe it's because you are the shy, quiet type, or maybe it's because you live by the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" mantra. But here's the deal, my curiosity is ... well ... killing me.

It would be cool if you just raised your hand and said, "Hey, it's _____, and I'm here because ___________." If you want to do a little self-promotion, that's awesome too! Anonymous comments are always enabled here, so if you'd prefer to go that way, have at it.

Or, you know, if you want to send me an e-mail, that's cool, too. You can always find me at dana.luann@gmail.com

Look, I know you don't have to tell me. That's fine. The truth is that I'm not going to change my style or topics or anything no matter who says hi. You don't have to come out of hiding.

But to quote one of Gina's favorite movies (which of course I had to google because I am CLUELESS about movie quotes) ... "It'd be a lot cooler if you did."

Kisses to your privates,

Dana

12 comments:

Knight said...

Hey, it's Knight, and I'm here because I've been online stalking you for six years or so. I enjoy you. xo

I'm With Stupid said...

Hey, it's Jay and I'm here because I like to make fun of you for having never seen 'Dazed and Confused'."

hehe ;-)

Jay

Osbasso said...

Hey, it's Osbasso, and I'm here because all the cool kids do it.

Mike said...

"Hey, it's _____, and I'm here because ___________."

Mike, just here to fill in the blanks.

Susan said...

Hey, it's Susan, and I'm here because I like your writing style.

CC said...

Hey, Its Curious Chris, and I'm here because you are "A middle-aged woman who embraces her faults and flaws ... or yells and screams at them depending on the day."

Anonymous said...

Hi it is Chris. I have been away for a long while and now came back to see how your world is turning. I have always admired your writing and willingness to share.

penny said...

Hi Dana!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana, I'm Jeff. I'm here because I love kisses to my privates, even in public!

perdido said...

hey it's cassee01 and I've been reading your blog for a long time can't even remember when but it's been a while so probably seem new but anyway.....here I am!

k bare said...

hi - it's kbare. i've been here since your beginning i'm pretty sure...and several online name changes of mine.

i'm here because i think you're awesome.

Anonymous said...

You got mad at a comment I made years ago (only saying I didn't always agree) and encouraged your readers to bully me. They did. Yay you. I came back today to see if you were the same. I had to search the words I remembered: Dana divorce school naked... Good luck.