19 June 2012

Dear 'Ex'-husband,

~*~

Gizmo
Against my better judgement, I agreed to take care of "your" cats while you are on vacation for nine days. You remember ... the cats you wouldn't allow me to take? The two (Gizmo and Tessa) that were mine for the three years before I left you and the one (Curly) that you had to have just a few months before I left you?

I was disturbed to learn that Curly, one of the cats you had to have, is now locked up in the laundry room because you never bothered to have him neutered and he "marks his territory" throughout the house.
Tessa

I decided that Curly shouldn't be punished for your bad pet-owner behavior, so I made an appointment to have him neutered while you were on vacation.

I understand that you are so busy and important that you haven't been able to find the time to take him in to have it done over the past three years, and that your 6-figure income makes budgeting for such a procedure ($50 at the Humane Society) impossible. So I figured I'd do you a favor.

I thought I should probably let you know ... since Curly is "your" cat, so I did the responsible thing and texted you.

Silly me! I thought you'd be thrilled that it was finally being done and all you would need to do is reimburse me the $50 when you get back from vacation.

Instead you responded to my test telling me that Curly is behind on his shots too, and you cannot afford get his shots, let alone pay to have him neutered.

I have no doubt that you sent that text while having lunch (and a few margaritas) along the River Walk in San Antonio, where you just drove (in the 2012 Dodge Charger you recently purchased that you bragged got 25 miles/gallon on the trip) to spend nine days relaxing, sight-seeing, and enjoying your family.

If there was a doubt in my mind (and there wasn't), this latest antic reinforced that you are still an idiot. I'm supposed to buy that you are on a nine day vacation in San Antonio, but you cannot afford a $50 vet bill? Really? Do you honestly think I am that obtuse??

On second thought, don't answer that.

I did sell my home, leave my career with a Fortune 500 company, and move both my son and I 500 miles to pursue what turned out to be a physically, verbally, financially and emotionally abusive relationship with you.

Let me take care of that vet bill.

~*~
(28/43) 

6 comments:

Susan said...

Nevermind all the ethics involved in not getting your pets fixed. How in the hell can he stand cat pee all over the house and the yowling that must gone on because the cat is locked up?

Crazy!!

I'm With Stupid said...

Classic story. Mom and Dad have all these disagreements and the little kitties get caught in the middle.

Jay

Mike said...

As long as your paying for other peoples stuff......

Dana said...

Susan, I have been out of the house (which is still in my name and financed using my VA Loan benefit) for 2-1/2 years. I cannot begin to tell you how sad the state of the house is ... and cat pee isn't the only issue. It makes me sick.

Jay (I'm With Stupid), won't someone PULEASE think about the kitties!!

Mike, rather than create a big brewhaha over cat gonads, I decided to cancel the appointment and leave him the information on the low cost spay/neuter program offered by the Humane Society. So ... put your hand back in your pocket!

Knight said...

Dana, what on earth are you doing cat sitting for this sociopath? I know you probably missed them and they are better off in your hands but holy fuck cut the dead weight off of your life. It's like poisonous people are your crack.

Dana said...

Knight, Oh Knight ... you sound just like Mike (my SO, not the blogger Mike)! I really debated doing this when he asked. I should have gone with my initial gut reaction (which was "NO!").

You are right!