15 June 2012

Enter the Wool Vagina ... into the Womb (Chair)

~*~

(via freyja sewell)

That's right! It's a wool pod that is intended to replicate the comfort of being in your mother's womb.

Because we all long to travel back to the womb ... or something like that.

Are you a little sleepy at work? Thinking that crawling under your desk might be too obvious? Well then! Pull out you portable vagina, pull yourself back into the womb, and catch 40 winks.


Open plan offices and public buildings, CCTV, online profile sharing, cameras built into our laptops; never has it been easier for humans to connect, but what about when we want to withdraw? The ‘womb’ shape inspires very different feelings in different people; to me it is a warm, cosy (her spelling) space, for contemplation and rest. There are now 21 cities with populations larger than ten million, and it is predicted that there will be many more in the future. Soaring property prices and lack of available space are causing more and more people to seek alternatives to owning their own home in the city, for example sharing your room with your partner, brother or friend. It is essential to continue to develop new ways of allowing people to comfortably co-exist in these increasingly densely populated environments.

I don't know ...

I'm feeling like I should wrap myself up in Saran Wrap before venturing in. I mean, who knows where that vagina/womb has been!

And besides, wool is terribly itchy!

~*~
(25/39)

4 comments:

Mike said...

I keep waiting for someone else to comment first. Because I have no idea where to go with this other than to say I like all types of vaginas.

askearly said...

That might be comfy? Or perhaps not. They should offer other kinds of vaginas not just wool.

Tracie Nall said...

Oooh. Wool is itchy. I can't even wear a wool sweater, so I certainly can't imagine climbing into a wool womb. Nothing about this sounds like a good idea to me.

Chris said...

Wouldn't it get terribly hot in there???? I guess their market must be Alaska....