17 January 2011

Meet Me! Meet You!

~*~*~

Do you ever put a blog in your reader, forget why you put it there, then remember there was a really good reason you subscribed in the first place??

Yeah ... I had one of those moments today ...

I've had Never Growing Old in my reader for MONTHS now. I knew there was a reason I put her in there, but I couldn't - for the life of me - remember why. Then I actually went to her blog today instead of just reading her feed and ...

She's got a blogroll of bloggers over 40! You know we are becoming extinct, right? Every year there is a new crop of mommy bloggers, but bloggers over 40? They seem to fade into the darkness. I'll be checking those folks out later because ... hello??

Anyway, she also hosts this "Meet Me On Monday" thing ... ummm ... errrr ... OK! OK! It's a meme, but I'm going to do something a little different with it. I'm going to make it a meme-youyou. I'll answer the questions, but what I really want is to read your answers in the comments. That way I can pick my favorite bloggers based on things that really matter, like "Marinara or meat sauce."

So, are you ready??



1. Do you like your ice cream in a dish, waffle cone, pretzel cone, sugar cone or cake cone?

Dish, but if forced to will eat it in a waffle cone. And what the hell is a pretzel cone? Anyone?? Where do you find these things??

2. Do you read the newspaper daily?

I do not! I read bits of my local paper online each day, and I watch MSNBC in the mornings for a national view, but my newspaper reading (with an actual paper) is limited to Sunday mornings.

3. Marinara or meat sauce?

Marinara ... CHUNKY marinara

4. Last time you cried?

At about 9AM today, while IM-ing a friend.

5. What word/phrase do you find really annoying?

Just one? I have to pick just one?? Hmmmmm ... because I've been on the receiving end of it quite a bit lately (thank you dear teenage son) let's go with "LAME" Really? Lame is the best you can do? Expand your vocabulary. Use colorful words like "feeble," "unpersuasive" or "faulty". Lame is just ... well ... LAME!

Your turn ... and ... Go!

~*~*~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Do you like your ice cream in a dish, waffle cone, pretzel cone, sugar cone or cake cone?

At home - dish, but those end up being Sundaes. At the ice cream stand nearest the house? Waffle cone.

2. Do you read the newspaper daily?

Eh. Seriously considering dropping to weekends only.

3. Marinara or meat sauce?

Puttanesca!

4. Last time you cried?

Seriously cried? 3 year ago when I thought I shot my marriage right in the nuts.

5. What word/phrase do you find really annoying?

"At the end of the day . . ."
"I want to say it was . . ."
"It is what it is"
Any corporate speak buzzwords - what ever the hot ones are this year - I try to not listen.

Raquel's World said...

#1- Waffle Cone
#2-Nope- But I do watch the news..does that count?
#3-Marinara
#4-Yesterday...watching Oprah. I know, I know but a woman's three kids were killed in a car wreck and then she was pregnant and had 3 kids that looked just like the three she lost.
#5-Put it in the lords hands...uuuggh
& Everything happens for a reason. Ugggh

Schmoop said...

1. I rarely eat ice cream but when I do, it's best from a dish.

2. Identical answer, this is already becoming scary.

3. MEAT sauce, heavy on the meat!!

4. Last month...a week or so before Christmas.

5. "On so many levels" It usually strikes me when one says (Mika), "That is so fascinating on so many levels." They really have no fucking clue as to what the topic is and have nothing meaningful to add.

Cheers Dana!!

desert rat said...

Over 40! Holy Shit! I'm so There!

1. When I eat it - and I'm usually very, very sorry because I'm lactose intolerant and it's not a very "social" food for me, if you know what I mean - I use a bowl.

2. My news is generally supplied by my mother-in-law who always prefaces her dispatch with, "I know you don't take the paper, but..."

3. Marinara with lots of chunks... ummmm.... marinara....

4. Not entirely sure. Although my last serious gut-wrenching sobfest was in July 2010.

5. I cannot stand it when people say, "nuCUlar." There is only ONE "U" - It's nuCLEAR! Aaaeeeiii!

Jay said...

Usually in a dish.

Just the headlines and if anything catches my eye I will read the story.

Meat sauce

Every night I cry myself to sleep.

Any of the cliches that political and sports pundits use over and over again.

Karen said...

I prefer a dish.

I read my horoscope and sports page when I run across a paper, but I never buy one.

Meat sauce.

Last Tuesday when I found out my friend put her dog down. That is a long time without tears for me.

I hate when people call each other "Son" "Cuz" or "Bro". Generally it is 30 something men who are trying to be teenagers.

Mike said...

1. dish - vanilla ice cream with a peach fruit cup dumped over it and all smushed together.

2. I get the paper but don't read it every day.

3. Meat sauce.

4. It's been a long time since I spilled a beer.

5. This is really a lame question but if I have to pick something I'd pick .... my nose.

Knight said...

1. With a spoon directly out of the container. Why get a dish dirty?

2. Sort of online...

3. It doesn't matter because I'm just going to put a whole bunch of stuff in it to spice it up.

4. Probably the last time I drank myself into oblivion which might have been yesterday.

5. I REALLY hate when people say "these ones" or "those ones".

Jaimey said...

1. Do you like your ice cream in a dish, waffle cone, pretzel cone, sugar cone or cake cone?

dish at home but waffle cone if it's fresh and available!

2. Do you read the newspaper daily?

no time, I can barely find time to clip the coupons on Sunday.

3. Marinara or meat sauce?

meat please

4. Last time you cried?

I can't remember :)

5. What word/phrase do you find really annoying?

um. um drives me nuts

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OK, there is not more than 10 questions, so I will play along - but you already like me anyway...right? RIGHT???

1) dish or waffle cone

2) No..I get my news from TV and internet

3) Meat of course and it is GRAVY

4) Probably over something stupid on TV - Extreme makeover? Yeah, I am a woosie

5) So many to choose..I guess it would be "that is gay"

Still like me?

OH and over 40 bloggers are fading? What do I do now?

Jormengrund said...

*lurk* Just had to drop by and see what's been going on.. Love this one! I might decide to steal it and use it later!

Happy New Year Dana!!