30 September 2018

Sunday Stealing | Identity Ask

(From Penny Royal Princess via Sunday Stealing)

1. Favorite style of clothing
First, let's set things straight - I do not have a style unless clean and not wrinkled is a style. If I could choose any style, and money was not a concern, I would mimic Danielle Colby's (from American Pickers) style and purchase most of my clothing from Pinup Girl Clothing. 
And yes, I do have a MAD girl crush on her
2. Do I ever get “good morning” or “good night ” texts?
I do occasionally get "good morning" and/or "good night" texts these days, but more often than not I am the one initiating those texts. I also get an occasional "Are you awake?" text. Seems most of the people that I chat with are on either central or eastern time.
3. Have I ever kissed the last person I texted?
*looks at my phone* Nope! Definitely not, although I would. What???
4. When did I last hold hands?
Oh goodness ... it's been somewhere between 18 and 24 months. I miss holding hands. I miss being touched.
5. How long does it take me to get ready in the morning?
6 out of 7 days, getting ready in the morning for me means putting on a comfy pair of shorts and a tank top and then walking the 10 steps to my desk. I'd say less than 30 seconds. If I actually have to get dressed and people? It takes about 45 minutes for me to shower, do my hair, get dressed and put on a face. I'm pretty low maintenance.
6. Have I shaved my legs in the past three days?
My legs? No. No one sees them - no one touches them - can't imagine why I'd worry too much about shaving them regularly. My armpits though are a different story!
7. Where am I right now?
Sitting at my desk in my bedroom.
8. Do I have someone of the opposite sex I can tell everything to?
I think so? Look, I tend to be a bit reserved with people when I first start talking/chatting with them. If I am with them in real life, I watch their body language to try to determine their comfort level. If I'm chatting with someone I've never met? It's a little more difficult to "feel them out," so I usually wait for them to offer a nugget of transparency before I do.
9. How often do I wear a fake smile?
Not often, but only because I'm not required to actually interact with real people very often. I would say I wear a fake smile about 90% of the time when forced to people with the general public.
10. When was the last time I hugged someone?
Hmmmm ... not as long as it's been since I held hands. Maybe 4 months? Did I mention that I miss being touched?
11. Is there anyone I trust even though I should not?
If you had asked me this question a year ago? It would be a definite YES! Now? I think I've learned to be a bit more skeptical/cynical, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
12. What is something I disliked about today?
Well? Nothing so far, but later on I need to take my happy ass to Home Depot to get moving boxes/supplies. I am going to dislike that very much!
13. If I could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
Just meet? Like shake hands and take a selfie meet? No one. Meet like spend some time together and get to know each other better? There may or may not be someone out there that meets that criteria *wink*
14. What do I think about most?
Currently? I think most about moving. I don't want to move again, and once again my move was not my choice. I enjoy moving when it's my decision to move. When it's due to someone/something else? Not so much ... and not for the 3rd time in just over 2 years.
15. Do I prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Behind the camera ... EVERY SINGLE TIME!!
16. Do I prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
Is no an acceptable answer? I prefer NEITHER of those communication methods, but if I was forced to choose one? Talking on the phone.
17. Do I believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
Ghosts? Maybe? It seems odd to me that when you die all of that energy dissipates into nothing. Aliens? Not like in the Area 52 aliens, but I do think it's quite possible that there are other living beings in other universes. Maybe they find us and save us!
18. Do I believe in magic?
I believe that there are people who are really skilled at performing optical illusions!
19. Do I believe in luck?
One of my favorite sayings is, "It's better to be lucky than good." I think much of life is luck. The families we are born into. The situations we are faced with in life. Yes, there is sometimes the whole "free will" thing that plays a part, but I believe those decisions are often luck as well.
20. What's the weather like right now?
At 9:45 AM in Las Vegas?
21. What was the last book I've read? 
Ta-Nehisi Coates - Between the World and Me
I need a new book so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave them in the comments. I prefer non-fiction and legal thrillers. And ... GO!
22. Do I like the smell of gasoline?
Oh do I!! And permanent markers too!
23. What was the worst injury I've ever had?
The worst was a knee injury suffered during a softball game. It require micro-fracture surgery and has never been the same.
24. Do I spend money or save it?
I am a saver. If I weren't I think Las Vegas may have chewed me up and spit me out by now!
25. Can I touch my nose with my tongue?
No, but why would I want to??

7 comments:

Mike said...

Well, crap. I can answer most of these...

1. Shorts and a t-shirt.
2. I don't text.
3. See above.
4. Last night.
5. In the WHAT?!
6. Ummmm, NO!
7. At my computer.
8. Yes.
9. Not very.
10. Last night.
11. Trust no one.
12. I haven't seen today yet.
13. Not interested.
14. Let's se.... WAIT A MINUTE! YOUR WHAT?
15. Definitely behind.
16. Phone.
17. No. Yes, but not around this part of the universe.
18. Of course I believe in slight of hand.
19. Luck is a state of mind.
20. No idea.
21. Some title some author.
22. I can tolerate it. But it is carcinogenic.
23. I don't think any of them have been bad enough to be called a worst.
24. Save.
25. The ability to do that, called Gorlin sign, can be an indicator of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorlin_sign
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers-Danlos_syndromes

Lori said...

Haha, yes, we are the same with talking on the phone. I can't ever get off the phone. I enjoyed reading your answers! Have a nice week!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bev Sykes said...

Re magic, did you see Shin Lim on America's Got Talent? If not, try looking at one of his videos on YouTube. I never believed in magic until I saw him!!!

2 gators said...

Enjoyed your answers this week. I hate moving and sorry your having to deal with this.

have a happy week

Mike said...

When Honesty Backfires?

Dana said...

Mike, Tuesday - I hit publish instead of schedule :-D

ShannonW said...

Danielle is just too adorable! I really like her style.