It's been a strange week, so this will likely be a strange post ...
but maybe that's not so out of sorts for me *gigglesnort*
- I got a text from my ex-husband Monday night. He wanted to let me know that he had to have Gizmo (our "family" cat) put down (kidney failure).
GizmoIt has been years since I've seen Gizmo, but I cried more after his text than I did when I got the phone call that my dad had died, and I feel a wee bit guilty about that.
- Cam went to Hill Air Force Base this past weekend to visit one of his friends. I'm not going to lie, it was WONDERFUL to have the house to myself for four days. Also? I'm hoping he was inspired - I'd love for him to enlist in the military!
- I generally don't get trends - I'm not one who usually follows the crowd -and this new Instagram trend of taking floral-backdrop selfies at the craft-store? Really? This is why I don't do trends.
- Speaking of crafts, I've been feeling really crafty lately. I even dug out my art supplies and did some painting and drawing. I'm thinking I may have to try this Watercolor Rubber Stamp Calligraphy project soon, because ... PRETTY!!
- I found this fabulous Printable Art Collection library at Remodelaholic that has given me tons of inspiration as well. I don't know that I would actually print them out and hang them on my walls as is, but they sure do give me ideas.
- Lifehacker has been doing a Work From Home series this week. Although some of the articles really don't apply to me as I'm not a freelancer, overall, I've been impressed with the series - especially the Why I Work at Bars Instead of Coffee Shops piece.
- As I mentioned a few weeks ago, having Cam living with me - and not living with Mike (who loved to cook) - I've been doing a lot more cooking lately. I'm always on the lookout for budget friendly ideas, and came across a similar service to eMeals called $5 Meal Plan. Although I've been fairly happy with the budget eMeals recipes, there are usually several that are meatless, and meatless is not an option in this house. I just signed up for the 14-day trial of $5 Meal Plan to see if maybe I can pick and choose from both plans to put together a menu for a full week that has food Cam will actually eat.
- If you are someone who believes those people are just lazy and taking advantage of government programs (and even if you aren't), read this New York Times article Homelessness, Step by Step. Not only does it address that social service agencies are terribly difficult to navigate, it puts real faces on those people. *HINT* they look like your nextdoor neighbors.
- I think I'll buy this Italian villa that was featured in Call Me By Your Name (which I had to google because I had no idea that it was a movie) with my retirement savings ... or maybe just a brick from the Italian villa because that's about the size of my retirement savings.
- This happened on my left shoulder/arm on Friday. It reads:
May I grow so tall and bright
So free and wild, so brave and vibrant
That when you see me standing
You think I am a sunflower