05 August 2014

Hanging Out At The Bar

I've been working a part-time job at a local gas station for just under a year. I'm primarily a pizza slinger/kitchen helper, with a register shift thrown in on occasion for good measure. It's not a terrible job, but for minimum wage? It's a LOT of work with inflexible hours (shifts I can work in conjunction with my full-time job are either 4:30 PM - 10:30 PM, or 5:00 PM - Midnight).

Yes, this *is* the women's bathroom in said bar
About a month ago, my (former) hairdresser approached me with another part-time opportunity. Her brother runs the bar in Podunk and needed a personal assistant of sorts. The position pays double what I'm making at the gas station and allows me to work from home on my own schedule.

I stopped in and talked to him about what I could offer, and we made arrangements for me to begin this project today.

I'm really hoping this comes through (this is the second time we've attempted to make this work). It would mean I could leave the minimum wage gig and have a LOT more flexibility.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Flexibility is always a plus! And making more than minimum wage is nice too. No matter what kind of job it is.

Jay

Anonymous said...

Good luck and congrats on taking on an opportunity vice staying with what you are already doing. Sounds like you are more in control and the flexibility will be awesome.