19 October 2007

You know you're in trouble when …

You've got a new blog, only a handful of readers, and one of them (thanks Leighann) contacts you requesting an update! This will be a smattering of randomness as - fortunately - there haven't been any major, catastrophic events.

DH UPDATE

The DH situation is showing improvement. I've moved back into the bedroom, we are both spending less time on the computer and more time in the same room (actually having conversations) and he's being more cooperative in matters that involve Cam. I can only ask for progress, not perfection, and we seem to be moving in that direction. We've yet to contact a counselor, but I do see that happening in the next few weeks.

CAM UPDATE

Midterm report cards came out 2 weeks ago and Cam's Spelled A, A, A, B, C, F, F, F. Yes, you saw that right - THREE "F"'s! Now, I do feel somewhat responsible for this as it was at least partially due to a choice I gave him at the beginning of the year that I likely shouldn't have offered. He has shown an interest in being more responsible for himself, and I told him I would allow him to handle school *his* way as long as he maintained at least "C"'s in all of his classes. Well, clearly, that didn't happen and now we are playing a DIFFICULT game of catch-up. His teachers assure me that he can bring up those "F"'s to "C"'s, but it will require CONSTANT VIGILENCE (yes Tali, that was for you).

DANA UPDATE

I've had a few issues at work regarding billable hours (my lack of) which required some adjustments to my workday. I am now keeping track of all non-billable time as well as my billable time to account for every minute of my day. It's a CYA exercise, but one that I think is quite necessary at this point. It has also meant that Messenger was removed from my computer at work and I feel almost as if someone has put me in isolation, but I cannot ignore the priority of a steady income.

Other big news includes a visit from my mom. It's been over 5 years since I last saw her. Needless to say, we aren't exactly *close*. I talk to her on the phone maybe once every 2 or 3 months and email maybe monthly. So far, things have gone well - this is the first time she's met DH and they haven't yet killed each other. I'm a bit stressed about their relationship, especially after he told me this morning that my mother reminds him - a lot - of his ex-wife. Now there's a lovely thought!

We'll just have to see how the rest of the visit goes. She's here until Wednesday morning. I figure I'll likely be looking for the valium soon.

3 comments:

Leighann said...

I'm so glad to hear that things in the DH department are moving forward. I certainly hope that it'll continue and you'll finally be able to find some peace and stability.

Hopefully the calmer waters with DH will also help reassure some of Cam's instabilities and maybe help him improve on those F's!

Have fun with your mom. As much as possible! Five years is a long time....

Just your everyday average married momma... said...

thank god for the update woman.... I was planning to harass you about this as well, leighass just beat me to it LOL!

Glad things are perking up in the DH dept, the Cam thing - well I just won't go there LOL and the work thing.........I miss you!

Just Me said...

'bout time you updated. :-) I am glad to read things are improving, looking up, getting a tad better, etc .. with the DH. Hopefully Cam will settle in and the grades will improve. *fingers crossed*

Good luck with mom. :)