15 February 2018

10 Things Thursday


  1. I love my new cookware. I didn't realize how "used up" my old set was until I started using the new stuff. Also? Ceramic non-stick is da bomb!!
  2. When people you know - and who know you well enough to know your personal struggles - ask you, "How are you doing?" do you wonder if they really just want you to say "fine"? No? Just me??
  3. Viceland is BY FAR my favorite channel. Shows that top my must watch list? Bong Appetit, Desus & Mero, F*CK That's Delicious, It's Suppertime, Slutever (just discovered this one this weekend), The Trixie & Katya Show, The Untitled Action Bronson Show, and Weediquette. Viceland isn't for everyone, but if you are open minded and tired of mind candy, it's FUN! And if you don't have the Viceland channel? You can watch their shows online FO FREE!
  4. This week I learned that my Cox G1GABLAST internet has a data limit of 1 terabyte per month, and with streaming on 2 TVs, Cam gaming, and me working from home, we are part of the 2% who exceed that 1 terabyte data limit. I had to upgrade to unlimited data at a cost of $169.99/month. Thank goodness my internet is reimbursed at 100% by my employer.
  5. I stole this from Emmy at Right Turn without Signaling because ... hello?!?!
  6. This week I decided it was important to learn my IKEA love language, because why not? According to the quiz, "Your IKEA love language is IVAR. You're not flashy or showy, but you're in it for the long haul. You show you care by remaining pretty flexible and you pride yourself on being able to get the job done, whatever that job may be." You can take the quiz HERE if you are so inclined.
  7. Did you know there is an underwater photography contest? I didn't either, but there is, and the photos are pretty amazing!
  8. Speaking of photography, I was visiting Sujomi's Project 365 blog yesterday. In her Monday post she mentioned that she had forgotten to bring her lunch to work. Reason number 29 I enjoy working from home - lunch cannot be forgotten!
  9. I need these in my life ...
  10. I've written about government assistance programs in the past, and from both sides. It was really easy to be critical before I became one of "those people" myself. 45's proposed changes to SNAP infuriate me. This idea of a USDA Foods Package is just ... well? To use 45's own favorite word? STUPID!! How will a Food Package be delivered if you're homeless? Or if you don't have a place to receive mail? Is everyone going to have to eat the same food? What if the Food Package is delivered to the wrong address? The questions go on and on. This just needs to go away ...

2 comments:

Mike said...

USDA Foods Package will actually be trump food service. Contracted out to the same food villains that supply food to the for profit prisons.

Sujomi said...

Rub it about working from home Dana, just rub it in.
:)