06 July 2012

I Am Too Old

~*~

To be living paycheck-to-paycheck

To be unable to finance even a used car because my credit is so poor

To have to stay "married" so that Cam and I can still have medical insurance

To have to depend on others

To not own my own home

To be working a job well below my knowledge and abilities for a salary I made when I was 30

To have lost just about everything - twice

To make such poor life decisions

To watch it all happen, but do nothing to change it

This wasn't my dream

This is not where I should be at almost 50-years old in my mid 40's

My expectations were much higher

I was fully capable of meeting those expectations

But I didn't

And I have no one to blame but myself*

~*~
*Sometimes I just need to get it out of my system - acknowledge that the only person who failed me, was me - and hopefully move forward

3 comments:

Mike said...

Well well. The common theme here is a missing period. Is this a clue?

Dana said...

Mike, *shudders* You should be beaten with a wet noodle for even thinking that!

Once was plenty for me!

I'm With Stupid said...

I identified so closely with this post that I started drinking before I could comment.

Now, back to drinking.

Jay