29 December 2011

HNT - The Finale

~*~*~


"For good and evil, man is a free creative spirit.
This produces the very queer world we live in,
a world in continuous creation and therefore
continuous change and insecurity."
~ Joyce Cary

Well?  All good things must come to an end, right?  No, not the blog (yet) but HNT ...

What started out as my selfish, passive-aggressive attempt at internet validation in February of 2008 became so much more

A reflection of self

Documentation of life events

Personal insight

A chance to express myself creatively

I've had a love/hate relationship with HNT ... and with myself ... and my photos have often reflected that (current status --> HATE myself)

In the almost 4 years since I first dabbled in the HNT nekkidness, I finished losing - then regained - 100 lbs. I fence sat in a marriage that needed to (and eventually did) end. Cam got his learner's permit. I joined twitter and tumblr. I dealt with cyber stalking. Cam struggled in public school, was then placed in a therapeutic day school and is now (as of January 2nd) back at the public school

And I've made many, many friends - several who were initially connected to HNT in some way (participants, oglers, etc.) who later became friends in real life. There happens to be one of those oglers who has recently become a very special part of my life. The ripples of HNT reach far and long

Hindsight being what it is, HNT was never really about perfection or traditional beauty (although at times it felt that way) - it was about community and learning to see the beauty in every person who was a part of that diverse community

I'm so glad I stumbled upon HNT

And I'm a little sad to see it go

*NOTE* Os put together a fabulous tribute to HNT [HERE]  It contains the words and photos of many who participated along the way. Worth taking a long ogle at

~*~*~

10 comments:

lecram said...

Hey, Dana... yeah, it's been quite the ride. Cheers!

Gina said...

Whaaa?? It's...over? Boo.

I ogled and I have a new case of breast envy.

Osbasso said...

"The ripples of HNT reach far and long"... I couldn't agree more!

And thank you.

MinorityReport said...

I've always admired your photography and loved your HNT posts.

This is a beautiful HNT send off.

Happy Final HNT.

Jack and Jill said...

A beautiful finale. We're relatively new to HNT, having participated for just shy of three years; but we could relate to the changes in your life, having gone through many of our own since we submitted our first picture.

Happy Final HNT.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Well, it has ended, as many things do. You shared unlike so many others ... Glad to hear there may be someone in your life..and in 2011 WE got to meet!

Lady Grinning Soul said...

Great photograph, and a lovely little insight into your life. Thank you for sharing!

Happy final HNT!

Anonymous said...

Life is ever changing.
Great final HNT post. Thanks for sharing, and happy Half Nekkid Thursday.

Margaret said...

And the ripples will continue to go out. I've really enjoyed your photographs.

:)

M said...

Wonderful shadow and natural lighting in this shot! The effect is that the play of dark and light all point to the crucial parts. Great pic. And a belated hfhnt!