11 January 2012

To-Do Revisited


~*~

Sooo ...

Last year I threw up a 2011 To-Do List ... as a means of accountability.  Looking back on it this year, I think I might just throw up!

Okay ... so it's not that bad ... but it wasn't that good either.

Let's reflect, shall we??  Actually, before we do that, let me say one thing.  The things I didn't accomplish? Those kind of were more enlightening than the things I did accomplish.


I've learned there are two things that really identify what is important in your life:
  1. How you spend your money, and
  2. How you spend your time
Priorities can always be determined by looking back on those two items.

Here we go!  

Wheeeeeeee!

*2011 TO DO LIST*

  1. Apply for a passport - FAIL! I did not do that. It was just not a priority. I think this is one where I'll need a reason (other than for shits and grins) to make it happen.
  2. Travel into the city at least twice to take photos - FAIL! In fact, I all but put up my camera and let it do nothing more than gather dust.  This year I've decided to jump back into the Project 365 pool (still at Dana Does Digital)
  3. Join a Gym - SUCCESS! Although let's not discuss how frequently I used that membership. This year I hope to get more value for my dollar.
  4. Explore Moving - SUCCESS! I am still not happy in Podunk, but with Cam's connections here - and a bucket load of motherly guilt - I do not think it's likely a move will happen before he graduates from high school. Explored and decided against ... for now.
  5. Update My Paralegal Resume - SUCCESS! Although it took me until December of 2011 and was spurred by more ridiculousness at my current job than I ever could have imagined, I did update it ... and even submitted it to two jobs.
  6. Take myself less seriously - FAIL! I did not make this a priority. I was seldom cognizant (Really? That's how you spell that? Would have never guessed) of when I was being a stick-in-the-mud and found myself wallowing in said mud as a result.
  7. Address routine medical and dental visits - SUCCESS! I did have a complete physical and finally made it to the dentist after *cough*four years*cough of abstinence. Generally all went well.
In my perfect world I would be 7 for 7, but an iffy 4 for 7 isn't too bad. If this were a batting average rather than THE STORY OF MY LIFE I'd be hitting .5714.

I think I'll be a baseball player!


*Gratuitous pic of new short, sassy doo ... because someone asked*

~*~

2 comments:

Mike said...

The passport will soon be as necessary as a drivers licence for one of your two forms of identification.

I'm With Stupid said...

4/7 isn't bad. Two of the three you didn't do don't sound like much fun anyway.

Jay