26 December 2012

Satchmo

Remember that thing we called "Half-Nekkid Thursday"? It was a great community, even with its occasional drama and infiltration by the morality trolls.

But a year ago, it became little more than a tale - a badge of blogger honor if you will - one of those "Remember when ...?" things ...


*CLICK* - NSFW

Mike bought me Satchmo (a.k.a. Kindle Fire HD) for an anniversary/Christmas gift.

I swore I would never convert to an e-reader - that there was nothing that could replace the feel and smell of real books.

Although I still have a special place for real books, I've discovered there really is a place for a tablet/e-reader too. It's a little colder place - a little harder place - but there is a place for it.

I just have to be a little more careful when I fall asleep with Satchmo in the bed ...

HNTbutton


10 comments:

Osbasso said...

I had a bit of a problem with the whole click-through thing myself! And Blogger's coding has changed since the days when I'd go in and change it to the way I wanted. Damned frustrating!

That being said, I'm glad you persevered!

Lusting Lola! said...

I have a Kindle 2, and I love it! :)

Nice job with the click-through! I really love the first pic, too.

Happy HNT!

MinorityReport said...

How do you like the Fire? Someone gave my mom a regular Kindle and she passed it along to me. I have yet to try it. I'm too attached to my books. :)

Happy HNT! Good to see you again.

Cheeky Minx said...

Beautiful and sensual! Happy HNT...

Lori said...

So comfy and inviting AND SEXY!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! There's few things sexier than a woman reading. :-)

Love it!

Sexy Smile said...

I do love to cuddle up with a good book and you make it look damn sexy!

I'm With Stupid said...

That's nice. Cheers!!

Matt

Vixen said...

I do miss the days of HNT but it ended when it needed to. Great pic...I always loved when you played.

And....gah....I always swore I would NEVER switch to an e-reader. I love to read but I *love* the feel of a book in my hands. But alas, I go to bed each night snuggled up with mine as well. Times change!

xoxo
Vixen

Chapter Two said...

having read your post after HNT and then seeing your HNT post...I get it. I get the fun of doing HNT posts and why them ending was a needed thing as far as a weekly 'thing' goes. BUT also, I don't think people are in a place this time of year to (1) get their posts up asap (2) visit OTHER blogs....I am guessing, that like me people are traveling or have family in town and spying over their shoulder at their every move. I am just now able to make it around and feel bad in my lateness.

I do miss it though, I miss having people online to talk to, listen to, and maybe understand or at least open my eyes to another side. Sorry, I am carrying on. Lovely pic- love flannel. I still have a stack of paper books beside my bed but find myself putting tired eyes on using the laptop and photo bookmarking sites these days. pictures make me tired, books keep me up