18 February 2018

Sunday Stealing | Tea and Q&A

Sunday Stealing

1. What is your middle name and what is a middle name you'd rather have instead? Why?
My middle name is Luann, and honestly? As middle names go I'll keep it. Besides, it lets me be Dana Lu on several media platforms. In fact, Siri even knows me as Dana Lu.
2. How would you spend $1M (you have to spend every penny!)
The only way I would spend every penny of $1M is if I could spend it entirely on investments and not physical stuff.
3. Yellow light - speed up or slow down??
Three car lengths or less? SPEED UP! Especially in Las Vegas where they do traffic lights very differently than anywhere else I've ever lived, and it is not unusual to sit at a red light for 4-5 minutes if you just missed the green/yellow light.
4. What was the last movie you saw and what did you like/dislike about it?
The last movie I saw in a movie theater was Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Yes, that was in 2015. Obviously I'm not a big opening day/first run movie kind of person. What did I like/dislike about it? I thought the movie was great! 
5. If a movie was made about you, who would portray you in that movie?
That's a movie I'd never go see, but? Mariska Hargitay. I don't know what it is about her, but she would be my choice.
6. What is the strangest thing you've eaten and what did it taste like?
Y'all know I was stationed in Korea for a year, right? I've eaten many odd foods in Korea, including a delicacy they are well known for - dog. And it tasted like a very lean, slightly gamey red meat. 
7. What color is your bathroom?
I live in a rented condo - every room is "rental white".
8. If you could vacation anywhere in the world RIGHT NOW, where would it be and why?
I've always wanted to travel to Greece. It's a beautiful country, on the ocean, and with food that I adore!
9. What is your least favorite thing to cook?
I don't cook things that I don't like to cook. That would make cooking a chore rather than something I enjoy.
10. What is the dish you make that your family rolls their eyes at?
See question 9.
11. What are three things on your bucket list?
I have no bucket list, not because there aren't things I'd like to do before I die, but because I take experiences as they come. I don't have specific experiences that I feel compelled to pursue.
12. How many skeins of yarn do you think you are currently hoarding?
ZERO! Yarn crafts are not my thing.
13. Today is my birthday.  What virtual gift are you going to give me?
I don't know you, and I try to give gifts that are thoughtful, so you'd likely get no gift at all. There's nothing worse than those "I feel obligated to give you something so here is a candle" gifts.
14. What is your favorite candy?
Raisinettes ... especially when they are mixed in with salty movie theater popcorn. In fact, that little snack might just get me to the theater to watch Black Panther.
15. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
I am a morning person. I get up between 5AM - 6AM every day. Yes, even on the weekends. I love that time of day. The world is quiet and calm.
16. If you could call in sick for a day, what would you do with the time?
Binge watch NetFlix? I can't imagine calling in sick if I'm not actually sick and not able to function.
17. How much did your last crafting run cost you?
My last crafting run was for the Christmas ornaments I made last year. Total cost? $25 to make 10 of them.
18. Can you play a musical instrument and if so, which one?
I used to be quite the musician. I started playing clarinet when I was 8 and played through my first year of college. In addition to the clarinet, I also played flute, saxophone, trombone, and euphonium. 
19. What is your least favorite craft that you still do? Why?
I am just baffled by this idea that people take things that are supposed to be fun and fulfilling (i.e. cooking and crafting) and turn them into something not pleasant *shrugs* It's just not something I do.
20. If you could have any job for just one day, what would it be and what would you do?
Have you ever heard of the Ben & Jerry’s Flavor Gurus? Let me make new ice cream flavors and eat food all day!

1 comment:

Mike said...

#1 is an interesting problem for me. Michael is my middle name. I've gone by that my whole life. All my accounts for whatever are listed as R. Michael. As soon as I turned 65, all my doctors suddenly started calling me Robert. That's what social security says my name is so that's what medicare says my name is. They refuse to change it.

You think your doctors know who you are until something like this happens.

I'm actually thinking of changing my first name to just an initial, R.