14 January 2018

Sunday Stealing | Conversation Starters

Sunday Stealing
This is another of those things I used to do on a regular basis. As I try to get back into 
"electronic journaling", I've discovered that I sometimes need a little help. 
I swear this blog is not going to become the home to all memes...


~*~


1. What are some small things that make your day better?
Small things that make my day better? My Keurig turning on before I wake up. No dirty dishes in the sink. Sunshine streaming in my windows. A surprise text from someone I haven't heard from in a while.
2. What shows are you into?
This is my dirty little secret ... I watch a lot of what I call mind candy - shows that don't require a lot of thinking. Currently on my DVR list? Guy's Grocery Games, Fixer Upper, Hell's Kitchen, Highly Questionable, Sister Wives. I seldom get into the "trendy" shows/series.
3. What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
The Documentary Channel - all documentaries all of the time!
4. Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?
Is ME an appropriate answer? Although I'm not the best me I can be (there is always room for improvement), and I often minimize my accomplishments, I really am proud of what I've done - and overcome - so far in life. Have I found a cure for cancer? Have I ended poverty? Nope! But I don't think things like that are any more impressive than someone - anyone - getting through life and being a good person.
5. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
I really enjoyed my mid-thirties. I lived life hard in my twenties (in a good way), but really started understanding myself in my thirties, and physically? Everything still felt good and functioned well.

6. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Game of Thrones. I just can't ...
7. What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
This is a tricky question. "Considered a luxury" is so subjective. Not only that, but I've had things - and lost things - several times in my life. I've learned that I really can live with very little.
8. What’s your claim to fame?
I don't have one, and honestly? I don't want one. I'm more of a behind the scenes person.
9. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
Send cards and letters. I still feel there is something very special about pen to paper.
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
Favorite genre of book? I like crime fiction. Favorite genre of movie? I'm all about action films.
11. How often do you people watch?
ALL.THE.TIME! It's one of my favorite things to do.
12. What have you only recently formed an opinion about?
Thinking ... thinking ... I've got nothing ...
13. What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
Prison policy reform? I think people have heard of it, but I don't think most people are informed about how our jails/prisons operate and why they need reform.
14. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
5,127 miles - when I was stationed in Korea. Yes, I did google that!
15. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
EGADS! I really can't pick any one thing. I've seen, and been the recipient of, many heartwarming things. My favorites though are the little things that people do for others anonymously.
16. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
Are you really 6' tall? It's a question that I always want to answer in a snarky way. Seriously? No ... I'm 5'-2" ... I just like to tell people that I'm 6' tall because it sounds better. Really? 
17. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Absolutely NOTHING! I cannot begin to imagine doing even a 5-minute presentation without hours of preparation!
18. If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
If I were dictator of a small island nation? Ummmm ... no! I don't want the job!
19. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Travel, travel, travel! Even if it's just to a neighboring state, but preferably internationally. And do it when you're young - when you have no obligations - when you can live life by the seat of your pants.

2 comments:

Mike said...

1. Sleeping in. I helps to be retired.

3. Netflix has a documentary category.

5. 55

6. Chick flix. They drive me nuts.

8. I was Mayor of our small city for 2 years. That was long enough.

9. Now if you want a pen pal Bilbo loves to write and recieve letters. I can send you his address and you can surprise him. But you would have to start by telleing him that I told you to write him. Years ago he blogged a request to have people start writing. I agreed along with other bloggers and he sent the first round of letters. Since I can't stand to write (I thought I could do a few.) I never sent one back. I'm always telling him I'm going to get around to it. He gives me trouble about taking so long. I know he and Amanda in Australia still write each other.

11. Me too.

14. Prague.

16. You mean it's not, "You would look good in a mini skirt, fish nets and 6 inches platforms, wouldn't you?" Try it. Post a picture!

17. No way in hell.

18. Being Mayor was hard enough. No thanks.

19. No traveling for me unless I have too. Claudia does have a friend in Arizona that we go see somtimes. Maybe we'll stop by in a few years. Or not.

Dana said...

Mike, that might have been the best comment EVER! And if Bilbo needs a pen pal? I’m in!